The Freezer is a machine block that will freeze certain items. Its main function is to craft Frozen Iron, but that's only the start of its functionality. It can create ice, packed ice, obsidian, and Slippery Blocks. It requires Frezarite Crystals (Ice and Packed Ice also works) as fuel. The Freezer can hold any liquid (including other mods' liquids). It will hold up to 10 buckets worth.
The button on the bottom-right of the UI is to change the mode of the Freezer. There are four different modes: Item and/or Fluid, Item, Fluid, Item and Fluid. The modes are to control what can be made with the Freezer. If you only want to make slippery blocks but not ice, then you set it to Item and Fluid Mode. Whenever you run out of blocks in the input slot, it won't keep making ice with the water in the tank.
Here are the default recipes available to be used in the Freezer (Note: 1000mB = 1 Bucket):
- 1 Iron Ingot = 1 Frozen Iron
- 1000mB Water = 1 Ice Block
- 1000mB Lava = 1 Obsidian
- 1000mB Water + 1 Ice Block = 1 Packed Ice Block
- 250mB Water + 1 Normal Block (Non-Tile Entity, Stairs work, slabs do not work) = 1 Slippery Block (Slipperiness x1)
- 250mB Water + 1 Slippery Block (Slipperiness x1) = 1 Slippery Block (Slipperiness x2) <--- Goes up to Slipperiness x4
For More information on Slippery Blocks, please go to the wiki page.